He will change your heart

Luke 19:8 "Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, 'Look Lord, I have given half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold' "

Zaccaeus was a tax collector. He was despised because he was a deceitful man, cheating people out of their money, and being dishonest. Often tax collectors made themselves rich by gouging their fellow Jews.

One day, Jesus visited Zaccaeus. The Bible makes no mention of Jesus rebuking him for his dishonest lifestyle. Instead, Jesus showed him grace by actually spending time with him. Before long, Zaccaeus stood up and declared to Jesus that he would restore fourfold to anyone he had taken from illegally, and he would even give half of his goods to the poor.

Time spent with Jesus completely changed Zaccaeus' heart. A moment with our Lord can change us too. Without accusation, condemnation or judgment, Jesus helped bring about an inward transformation in a short time in the life of Zaccaeus..so that he began to outwardly do what was right, and in a measure that no man would have expected of him.

Most of us truly want to live right. Sometimes that concern with right living can really turn our focus inward..on ourselves..and with the things that we struggle with. I remember a certain thing that I struggled with years ago. I would wake up in the morning and tell myself that today I wasn't going to fall short in that area. I was so focused on me, that I seemed to lose focus of the power of God in my life..and I really struggled for a long time.

I have truly come to the conclusion that it is right believing that produces right living. If you are trying to break free from something that has bound you for years, spend time with the One Who can change a heart in an instant. Pray, and ask for His help..and then ask Him to help you to simply believe that He loves you..that He cares..that He is good, and wants good for you..that He has a plan for your life..that He has paid the price for you to be free and whole.

Today, if you want to experience right living, find out what Christ has done for you and what you have in Him..and simply believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment