I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ

2 Corinthians 2:3 "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ"

To all of you, my friends and family, who have stuck with me this last year and a half, I hope that in some way you have been encouraged or ministered to in some way. My prayer is that a seed of hope will have somehow been planted in your heart that will bring strength in time of need. Today will be my last devotion and I just wanted to share with all of you the love that I have for you..and the fact that I am so greatful for each and every one of you.
The verse today is one of my favorites in scripture..probably because I feel every day, I am living it. The Corinthians pure and simple devotion to the Lord Jesus was being threatened by false teaching. Paul did not want these precious believers to lose their single-minded love for Christ...so he gave this warning..that just as Eve had been tricked..or deceived in such a subtle way...so can we be.

In the last few years, I have seen things that I thought I would never see. I have seen some of the precious children of God literally being led astray, from the simplicity that is in Christ. All of us in this busy day and age have so many distractions in our lives that it truly can be difficult to stay focused..simply, on Him. The Corinthian believers fell for smooth talk and messages that sounded good and seemed to make sense...and today, things have not changed much. There are many false teachings that seem to truly hold water..but that is simply not the case.

My prayer, as I leave you, is that you would follow truth...and when in doubt..go to the living Word of God. Paul's words further down in this passage are very eye opening.."For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ..and no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light". Satan, the prince of darkness, disguises himself as an angel of light..and he can deceive us by appearing helpful, good, and even moral.

May each of you know Him. May you be as the Bereans were..checking for yourselves into the Word of God, which is alive, quick, and powerful.and is sharper than any two edged sword. May you continue to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might...and may you know the love of Christ that neither life, nor death, nor any other creature might be able to separate you from. May your minds be clear, and solid. May you know what you believe and stand firmly. And may you trust deeply in the One Who laid down His life for you.

In the future, I hope you will all check out my blog..I will continue from time to time, to write and do devotions..it wont be a daily thing..but I hope you will check it out. Thank you all. I love you. He loves you. Don't ever forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment