Psalm 6:6 "I am weary with my groaning; all the night, I make my bed to swim'. I water my couch with tears"

I don't know about any of you, but it seems the biggest battles I have are in my mind..and thought life. Often, right before I go to sleep, when I am laying there thinking about the events of the day, or what I need to do the next day, it seems the biggest part of the battle takes place. Even before we are awake in the morning sometimes, the devil is bidding to deceive us, and to plant defeating thoughts in our minds. Even David struggled with this..David, who loved God and trusted Him so greatly..still had to wrestle at times with his thoughts.

Satan wants us to be hopeless, faithless, and negative. He has done his job when he can plant doubt and unbelief in the mind and heart of a child of God..because then we are rendered useless for the Kingdom. He definitely does not want us to have a positive outlook when we get up in the morning. He would rather see us have a bad attitude and to be self-centered, rather than God centered, offering our lives and our day to Him.

Thank God, that through Jesus, we have been redeemed..and we don't have to live, just accepting every thought that pops into our head. I lived that way for years, and let me tell you, it is not God's best for the believer. The Lord loves us. He has a plan for our lives. He wants to be able to use us..He wants us to have joy and peace, and to live hope-filled lives..because He is the God of hope.

Isaiah 26:3 says "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee..because he trusteth in thee"

To be "stayed", means to remain..to steadfastly think on the things of God..to not lose focus. We can never avoid all the problems that this life has to offer..but we can take control over our thoughts. We can choose to accept or dismiss every thought that comes our way. When we are steadfastly thinking about the things of the Lord, trust develops..and peace comes...perfect peace. When we are trusting Him..our whole attitude changes..and we become stable..supported by God's unchanging love for us..and by His mighty power..we are not shaken..but are firm.

Today, begin to resist whatever negative thoughts the devil may hurl at you..and begin to trust God's power in order to live a wonderfully victorious life!

No comments:

Post a Comment