Isaiah 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts"

One day, I believe the blinders will come off of our eyes, and we will see things for what they truly are and have been. I can honestly see the Lord, lifting a blindfold off my eyes, and then saying "surprise" as all the things that I didn't understand are revealed to me.
I believe that all the things that have made no sense will become crystal clear. All the pain that seemed unnecessary will suddenly become meaningful and then dissapate like a mist. All the loose ends will weave together perfectly. What we perceived as brokeness will be revealed only as tiny cracks caused by irrepressible growth. We will probably laugh when we look back and reflect on our totally incorrect perception of our circumstances and our misunderstanding and mishandling of people.
God has given us wonderful minds..so it's not that we just don't see things or aren't intelligent. It's just that we live within the limitations of being human. We are particularly constrained by our incomplete perspective from this side of heaven, and our miniscule part in the greatness of God's plan.
What is a comfort to know is that although we don't comprehend everything at the moment, God does. He knows everything. We can rest in that instead of frantically trying to figure our now what we may not understand until later.
K Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment