He will continually intercede

Hebrews 7:24-25 "But this Man (Jesus), because He continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore, he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them"

When Jesus hung on the cross, He said, "It is finished". Therefore, according to Hebrews, His ministry on our behalf now is to continually intercede for us! That is what He lives to do for us now. Isn't that incredible?

When you are in a difficult situation, and don't know how to pray..when the words wont even come..you don't have to worry..Jesus is interceding on your behalf. The more I think about this, the more it ministers to me. I have gone through different situations, and thought to myself..Right NOW..Jesus is interceding for me!

When I have been witnessing to someone and felt at a loss as to what to say next, I have been reminded that Jesus is interceding for me!

When I have found myself in impossible situations, I've been able to breathe a sigh of relief, because Jesus is interceding for me!

When I've been hurt, I've known that I can go on..because Jesus is interceding for me! He understands..and He's interceding.

As Kay Arthur says, "What a divine and incomprehensible mystery! What a marvelous reality to live by, moment by moment!"

My prayer truly is that each one of us will simply remember this truth. We are never alone in any situation. We are never left to our own wisdom, ability or endurance. Jesus is interceding!

No comments:

Post a Comment