Be ye transformed...

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God"

I have thought a lot recently about how so often in my life, I have wanted to change my actions in some area..just in general..I want to love people more..I don't want to be judgemental or critical. I want to have a sweet spirit. I want to stand firmly on what I believe, and never leave room for any type of doubt. I want to be free from anger, or any type of gossip or lying. I don't want to behave badly in any way. I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to be a light for Him. Beloved, if this is your hearts cry as well, here is my thought...most of what comes out of our mouth begins in our heart. If we want any type of bad behavior to stop, we need to change our thinking.

The principle of God's Word is simple..right action follows right thinking. We walk in victory when we understand this and put this into practice. Our behavior begins to change as our thinking changes. Our thinking changes as our relationship with Christ deepens.

Many people struggle over trying to do the right thing. Someone I know very well, who loves the Lord, had a problem with gossip...not that her words were always evil..she had explained that she simply feels compelled to be the first person to know what is going on..and then the first person to pass on the information as quickly as possible...but going deeper than this..this friend has begun to realize that the REASON for her actions are actually a deeper sense of how she has seen herself..she has begun to see that most of her life, she has felt insignificant and unimportant. When she is the first to pass along information, it makes her feel good, and important..for at least a short time.

This friend has begun to shift her thinking and learn to see herself through the eyes of Jesus. He sees her worth, and she is beginning to see it as well. He loves her and she is beginning to grasp that love in her life..as her thoughts about herself have begun to change, so have her actions.
In Ephesians 4, from the Amplified, Paul said, "Strip yourselves of your former nature which characterized your previous manner of life, and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion..And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind (having a fresh mental attitude), and put on the new nature (the regenerated self) created in God's image (Godlike) in true righteousness and holiness."

In other words, let the Holy Spirit begin to change your way of thinking..your way of seeing yourself..your way of seeing others. Let Him make you into a new person..step by step. This is the way to permanent change in your life.

In my own life, the biggest battles have always taken place in my mind..in my thoughts..in the way I see things..but as my mind is being renewed, my life is changing and definitely for the better. My prayer for each of us today is that we would press in deep to the things of God, and that step by step, as we begin to see the truths that are in Him..we would be changed. May we each be stripped of the old man..the old ways of thinking..so that He can work in us to become more like Christ each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment