She obtained favor in his sight

Esther 5:2 "And it was so that when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favor in his sight; and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre"

There isn't a story anywhere is scripture that stirs my spirit more than the story of Esther. If I were going to choose a woman from the Bible to pattern my life after, it would be her. I admire her courage, her wisdom, her timing, her discernment, and her strength. Often in my own life, I have wrestled with a sense of weakness and fear..and the pervading thoughts that I simply "can't handle this"..whatever THIS is!

I can only share with all of you what God has been teaching me..and lately, He has been teaching me so much. Our wonderful Lord is no respector of persons. All through the scriptures, we see the hand of God leading His people, guarding them, strengthening them..and beloved, it is no different today.

Today, I want you to do something. This is not for me..it's for you. I am asking all of you to spend some time today reminding yourself of Who Christ is to you..this wonderful King of kings and Lord of lords..I want you to spend some time strengthening your spirit. We all seem to find time to strengthen our bodies with the right foods and exercise. Today, I want you to strengthen your Spirit. I have done this the last few days by getting into the scriptures and reminding myself of some things...

The Lord IS my strength. He is my rock and my fortress. He is my deliverer, my God. He IS my strength when I am weak. He IS the One in Whom I trust. He is my shield, my Salvation, my High Tower that I can run into. When I call upon His name, He hears me. He saves me from my enemies. He has drawn me out of many waters that could have drowned me. He has delivered me from those who have hated me and from those who were too strong for me. He IS my stay. He is what I stand on. All other ground is sinking sand. He is my deliverer. He is merciful and will enlighten my darkness when I am surrounded. By Him, I can run through a troop and leap over a wall. His ways are perfect. He makes my feet like hinds feet, and sets me upon high places. He has given me the shield of salvation, and his right hand holds me up. His gentleness has made me great. He has made my feet not to slip. He has delivered me from the strivings of people. He is my rock and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life. Though a host should camp against me, I will be confident in My God. He encamps around them that fear Him. They who seek Him will not lack any good thing. He is near to those who have a broken heart. While we were yet sinners, He died for us. We have been justified by His blood. He is the God of peace that passes all understanding. He will keep my heart and my mind through Jesus Christ.

I could go on and on..but today I ask you to search the scriptures and find a word that is just for you..something that is just a simple reminder to you of how much you mean to God, and how deep His love is for you. Like the king in the book of Esther, the King of Kings.. holds out His hand and His sceptre to you today. He simply says, "Come to Me". Today, will you simply touch the top of His sceptre? He accepts you. He loves you...and you have His favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment