And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by His own power

1 Corinthians 6:14 "And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by His own power"

Today's word of encouragement is very simple. As we, on this Good Friday, think about the events that took place over 2,000 years ago in the life of the Lord Jesus Christ, may each of us fully consider the Man, who was also God..Who..being completely innocent of any wrongdoing..loved. He loved you enough to become sin..knowing full well everything about you..every thought you've ever had..every word you've ever spoken..every sin you've ever committed..and then laid down His life..so that you might live.

So often, when I think of the cross, tears well up in my eyes, as I consider the love that was shown me..and all I have to do is receive that love. Some day, we will be with Him. I don't know about you..but I long for that day. I can't wait to see Him..face to face. I can't wait to thank Him..not only for taking my sins away, and dying on the cross..but also for carrying me through in this life...for putting a hope in my heart that no problem that I face, no trial that I find myself in..can quench. I am thankful for the joy that He has given me, for His peace, for the power and strength to live each day for Him. Most of all, I am thankful for the love. I will leave you today with the words to a song that we often sing at the Boys Ranch. We actually sang this last Sunday, as the presence of God filled that place, and the young men in that room considered what these words actually meant in their lives. I hope you will do the same.

"I'm forgiven because You were forsaken.I'm accepted. You were condemned. I'm alive and well. Your Spirit lives within me..Because You died and rose again.

Amazing love! How can it be?
That You, my King would die for me?
Amazing Love! I know it's true..
And it's my joy to honor You..
In all I do..I honor You."

May we honor Him in all that we do. It just doesn't seem enough to simply say, "Happy Easter"..so I will say, Remember His Resurrection. Remember that God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise us up by His own power.

No comments:

Post a Comment