Compassion

Lamentations 3:22 "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore, will I hope in Him"

I wonder if anyone besides me has noticed that compassion is just not something you see a lot of these days. I think it's probably in part because everyone is so busy. The world has changed a great deal in the time that I've been alive. It seems right is wrong and wrong is right..people are angry and impatient..road rage is rampant..the simple life that I knew growing up is no more. I have actually watched people around me change. I've changed...and I need to remind myself daily who I am in Christ.

He is my portion. He is all that I need. It is literally because of His mercies that I've not been consumed by the challenges of life. When there is no place to run, and no one to run to, I run to Him because He is faithful.

The writer of this passage, Jeremiah, probably saw many of the same things we see today. He was surrounded by sin, and by sorrow..but in the midst of it all, he saw a ray of hope. God's compassions NEVER fail. When all else around you begins to fall apart, He is faithful...and he is good to them that wait for Him, and to the soul that seeks Him.

Compassion is love in action..and God IS love. He willingly responds when we ask for help. His compassion is greater than any sin, and deeper than any ocean of despondency that you may be facing.

Today, my prayer for each of us is simply this..that as we go through our day, we would remind ourselves throughout the day that He is our portion. He is all we need. When we receive bad news of some kind, when we are concerned about what the future holds, when everything around us seems unstable, even when people fail us..He is our portion..and our hope lies in Him. I challenge you today to stand firm in Christ. He will NOT fail you.

No comments:

Post a Comment