Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever"

That is so comforting to me..the fact that my Savior does not change. The world around me does daily..the people around me change..my circumstances change..I change..but God doesn't. When something in my life is shaken to the core, my God does not change. When I have to face illness, or a difficult decision, or a move, or someone coming or going out of my life..the fear of change can be remedied by putting my trust and hope in Jesus Christ, the unchanging...the same..yesterday, today and forever.
He is our Rock. He is in the boat with us, calm and steady despite the turbulent seas. We can look forward to the future with unwavering confidence when we approach it from solid ground. We do not need to fear change when we know it cannot disturb the peace at our core. If the circumstances around us are unsteady, we don't even need to waste our energy trying to control them. We can focus our efforts on Christ, allowing Him to change our situation, to change us, to fortify us, to strengthen us, to change our minds, to give us peace. Perhaps we cannot change the things around us, but we can remain firm in the One who does not change.

No comments:

Post a Comment