Luke 13:13 "Then He put His hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God"

The weight of our burdens can literally cause us to bend beneath them. We feel heavy and even at times helpless. I have seen people whose entire countenance has taken on an air of oppression. I'm sure I've been there myself a few times. We want to hunch down, slink away, and go unnoticed.
The concept of laying hands on someone has always borne the significance of healing...whether done by a deacon, or a pastor, a friend, a parent hovering over a sick child, or a spouse. Many ailing people in Jesus' time received the healing of His hands directly upon them. I remember a time about a year ago, when I was going through something really difficult in my life. It was an ongoing situation that I had allowed to just suck the life out of me. A friend had come up to see us and offered to pray for me. She stood next to me and laid her hand on my back. Her husband laid his hand on my shoulder..and they began to pray. As they prayed, I could literally sense strength coming back into my body..but not just physical strength..I could sense my spirit growing stronger. My friend started to remove her hand and I asked her not to. I could feel that healing balm directly in my soul..my mind and my emotions. I had felt so weak and now strength was returning. I have never had anything like this happen to me..but I knew in those moments that the laying on of hands was and is real. This was a man and woman of God who prayed for me..people that I trusted..and I remember that deep sense that God was doing something here. He was sending strength back into my body. I was again ready to face my situation. The situation had not changed, but I was more able to handle it.
While the hands of our Savior are no longer flesh..they are pierced. They are holy. They are spiritual hands of healing. Pray to Jesus to use His mighty hands to lift your burden..to put strength back into your soul, and feel the unfathomable comfort as He lightens your load. Then stand tall, and glorify God's power and love for you, with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment