You brought my life up from the pit, o Lord my God...

"You brought my life up from the pit, o Lord my God...when my life was ebbing away, I remembered you Lord, and my prayer rose to you" Jonah 2:6-7
Probably many of us feel as though we could have penned this scripture ourselves. In my own life, I credit God alone for lifting my life out of the pit. When life as we know it, has begun to "ebb away", we remember and acknowledge the incredible and merciful God who hears our prayers and spares us time and again..even when we have forgotten Him..forgotten what He has done in our lives..forgotten the finished work on the cross..forgotten that by His blood, we are saved, forgiven, and redeemed.The fact that He hears our prayers, and has forgiven our iniquities is proof that he is truly shepherding our lives..even if we, as the sheep of His pasture tend to stray from the path, He is there, and celebrates our return to His fold. Never do I want to be so wrapped up in the cares of this life that I forget the wonder of my God.
I don't want to remember Him at the last minute. I don't want to forget to thank Him. I don't want to come to Him as a last resort. I want Him! I want Him front and center in my life..as the first person I talk to..as the first arms I run to.
Lord, may we never forget our redemption from the pit. May we never forget the wonder of YOU! May it keep us humble and draw us ever closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment