Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above

James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning"
Whenever I read this verse, I am reminded of the greatest gift of all..the gift of Jesus..who came down from His home in heaven..and in Whom there is no variation...Who does not change..like the shadows around us that move. As we have just come through the season where we celebrate His birth, and we give gifts to each other as a remembrance of the greatest gift..I wanted to share something with all of you.
I have such a wonderful family and was so blessed this year to receive some of the most wondeful and useful gifts that I've ever received. My daughter in law especially always seem to get just the right thing...she just seems to know what I would like. She is a very generous and thoughtful person and loves to get someone just the right thing. I was so thrilled on Christmas morning to open up the CUTEST pair of black boots that she and my son had picked out..and whenever she buys me something, it always fits perfectly! She puts a lot of thought into gift giving..For some reason..I guess because she is so thoughtful, I am always reminded of the gift that God gave to us in His Son, Jesus. No one but God could have thought of a way to redeem mankind..no one but Jesus could offer eternal life..a gift that it's hard to imagine anyone refusing..even though unfortunately, some do.
Jesus IS the perfect gift. He is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Him. Today, my thought for you is simple..Your Father in heaven chose the perfect gift for you. He made a way for you to be saved, to be forgiven, to have joy, peace and comfort, to be redeemed, to know that you are never alone or overlooked..to be assured that when you fall, He will lift you up, when you fail, He forgives. When you are weak, He will be your strength. When you are lost, He is the way. When you are afraid, He is your courage. When you stumble, He will steady you. When you are hurt, He heals! When you are broken, He will mend your heart. When you can't see which way to go, He will lead you. When you are hungry, He will feed you and sustain you. When you face trials, He is with you. When you face persecution, He is your shield. When you face problems, He comforts you. When you face loss, He provides for you. He is faithful. You are His..He is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment