Psalm 49:15 "But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave; for he shall receive me. Selah"

Selah..I love that..it means to pause and think about this. The Lord gave me this verse many years ago after I had experienced a miscarriage. This has been such a reminder to me over the years that Ray and I have a little one waiting for us in heaven..because of the power of God.
This has been a year of loss for many of you. Some have lost a beloved mother. Some have lost a cherished husband...a brother, a sister, a grandfather...and even a son. Today's devotion is simply a reminder that for the believer, death has been swallowed up..in VICTORY. 1 Corinthians 15:55 says, "Oh death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" Jesus Christ rose from the dead...He conquered death, and so shall we. Death is no longer a source of fear or dread. Christ overcame it, and one day, we will also. Death has been defeated, and we have hope beyond the grave.
I don't know that I fully understand all of this myself...but I know that we are not like those who are without hope. When a believer goes to be with Jesus..(absent from the body, present with the Lord), he or she becomes part of the great cloud of witnesses. I'm not sure what those who have gone before us see, but the Bible says that we are encompassed by this great cloud of witnesses. My prayer is that in some way today, the very knowledge of this will bring you strength. Just knowing that God has a plan for us..not just in this life...is such a comfort. Psalm 48:14 says that God is our God forever..He will be our guide even unto death.
May all of you who have experienced the loss of someone you loved recently be comforted today.
Dedicated to Cal..and to Kerry..and to their families..Beverly, Paula, Bob, and Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment