"God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering" Genesis 41:52

"God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering" Genesis 41:52
Have you ever stood by the window and watched a spring shower? I have. I love rain! I especially love a good storm. We were in Oregon one time, staying at a hotel right on the ocean, when a huge storm came. I watched through our window as the rain turned into sleet, which I had never seen before. It was incredible! I wish I had taken a picture as the sleet came down in long sheets, and pounded the fierce waters.
I believe sometimes that in the eyes of God, He sees so much more than we do. Without the storm, the flowers could never bloom and the lovely fragrance that fills the air in the spring would be gone. Maybe today, you..as a child of God..are undergoing some "storm" in your life. You are crying out to Him that it is raining very hard on you right now. The storm clouds have moved in..in the form of disappointment, illness, financial difficulty..or whatever the case may be..and you are feeling incapable of enduring much longer. The rains of affliction are beating down very hard on your soul.
Beloved, I believe that if we could see through the eyes of our Maker..the One who died for us..we would see things completely differently. I don't believe that He is raining ON you..I believe He is raining IN to you! He is raining blessings! If you will trust Him..you will realize that springing up beneath the pounding rain are spiritual flowers...and they are more beautiful, and more fragrant than any that ever grew before the storm came into your life.
You can see the rain, but can you see the flowers? God sees them. They are sweet flowers of faith..springing up into your life beneath the trials that you are going through. God sees a new compassion for other sufferers being birthed in you.
God is not raining affliction on you..He is raining love, compassion, tenderness, and so much more...fruit of the wonderful Holy Spirit...and this is bringing to you so much spiritual enrichment that all the ease of this world could never produce in your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment