Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning

Psalm 143:8 " Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee"

So...where do you go when you can't fix your life? The only place is back to the One who made you. You have a divine destiny..a purpose from God that no one else can fulfill. It begins with a risk. God will give us the courage to take all the pieces of our lives, our hopes, and our dreams back to Him..the One who made us...and then ask Him to show us who we are...in Christ.
Yesterday we were "in jail" (that always sounds funny)..but we were ministering to the young men in the facility east of Folsom. So many of them have just forgotten that there is a purpose for their lives. Some of them have probably never been told. Yesterday, one young man in particular seemed to have a difficult time with the idea that God cares specifically...about Him. That young man eventually left the room..my heart broke..that young man seemed so beaten down by life..and people..that he no longer sees the hope that is in Christ. The other young men were eager to hear the word of God preached. They are so simply looking for someone to encourage them..to tell them that God still loves them...to offer them hope.
God is like a watchmaker, and He will carefully and gently replace our broken parts. He wants to show us what we are meant to be and to give us all that we need to live our lives according to His purpose, and His plan for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment