Proverbs 17:3 "The fining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord trieth the heart"

The fining pot crushes impurities, and the furnace burns them away. I have seen some of these circumstances unfold in my own life...sustaining massive wounds to my heart as areas of my life seemed to be stripped away. I truly don't understand why it has to hurt so much. I believe that at some point when we are face to face with Jesus, the darkness will all fade away and we will see things and understand them as they truly are.
I have learned that it just hurts to grow. Certain things..dreams, people, eras..sometimes are left behind us and our journey continues. K. Armstrong says we are spiritually pared down, exchanging things and people for weightless treasures..like wisdom and understanding.
The Lord is testing your heart. Growth sometimes hurts..but today, allow God to do the work in your life that He wants to do. Don't resist. He is doing something in you that will far exceed anything you could have ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment